What's new

Bitterness and Love

Professora Akira

☯️ SôulNinetãiL☯️
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction
Bitterness and love can't live together in the same heart.Each day we must decide which one stays.

~Dave Willis~

As the quote remind that you always have the power of choice.It's easy to fall into patterns of though and behaviour the reinforce remaining the same. Telling the same old stories, or ruminating on the past, or reliving in my mind things that have gone wrong is often the reflex action of a mind trying to figure out “where did things go wrong?”

There comes a point in time though when all the rehashing produces no new results. When the lack of joy in my life is a self inflicted wound because of my age old habit of revisiting events over which I have no power or control.

So you're sincere in all your desire for greater joy in the present, You must let go of that old habit of looking back for answers. There are no answers for your forward journey in the past. The answers are with me you and now in the present.

The bitterness you've feel for the past are the regrets that you have that things did not work out as you had planned. The journey finished at a destination that was not on the original itinerary. As with so many other areas your healing journey maybe it is time to get back on the train of life and choose a new destination. A destination toward the joy that you would like to feel. That you deserve to .

In accepting that plans don’t always turn out as originally envisioned, do you free myself to embark on that new journey?
In accepting the futility of wistful thinking, can you embrace the unknown future with fewer preconceived notions?
In accepting that choosing love in spite of sorrow and grief, pain and disillusionment can you embrace with joy whatever lies ahead?

You should try to release the remaining bitterness toward the people and events in a life that did not unfold as you had dreamed, hoped and envisioned.

excerpt from: ReflectionsonLife-RenateMarillo