What's new

Daily Reflections on Divine Mercy: Reflection 9: Meditation on His Passion at the 3 O'Clock Hour

jdoomtwenty14

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
The Diary of Saint Faustina calls us to a new form of devotion in various ways. The fourth way is by honoring the hour of Jesus’ death every day.

“Father, into Your hands I commend my spirit!” And Jesus breathed His last…
It was at 3 o’clock that Jesus took His last breath and died upon the Cross. It was Friday. For this reason, Friday should always be seen as a special day to honor His Passion and ultimate Sacrifice. But since it took place at 3 o’clock, it is also important to honor that hour each and every day. This is the ideal time to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. If the chaplet is not possible, it’s at least important to pause and give thanks to our Lord every day at that time.

Lord, thank You for the gift of Your ultimate Sacrifice on the Cross. Thank You for surrendering Your life into the Father’s hands in this total gift of Yourself. May I always honor that moment of the day and may I daily strive to imitate this perfect Sacrifice of love. Jesus, I trust in You.