What's new

Java Java Beginner - Get Started Coding with Java! (Udemy)

Zion1

Forum Guru
Reaction
Description

Do you want to learn the world's number one programming language as used by top companies like Google, Amazon and Facebook?

Are you tired of your current job and maybe fancy trying out a new career in software development and want to become a coder?

Do you want to learn the easiest, most powerful and versatile development platform to start your journey into professional software development?

Then this course is for you!

Welcome to this course on getting started with the Java platform! I'm so excited to have you here - and, by the end of the course, you'll be so excited to have chosen it and will be well on your way to discovering the Java programming platform, the opportunities it provides and the fun it delivers doing it!

My name's Matt Speake, I'm a professional Java software engineer and have been programming for more than 20 years, working everywhere from small startups to large investment banks. I'm going to walk you through the basics of Java and show you the ropes, step by step, in small easy-to-digest lessons - just like we're sat side-by-side together and I'm walking you through with a coffee! There's no pressure here, nothing crazy difficult and you have everything to gain - all it takes to become a Java developer is a bit of patience, persistence, trying things out and developing that hunger to take things further... so welcome to the course that's going to put you on that journey!

You'll see step by step the following fundamentals of Java:

• an overview of the Java platform - why it's so popular, who uses it and realise it powers billions of devices on planet earth
  • an understanding of the Java platform components - we'll discover platform independence and meet crazy-sounding terms like JVM, JDK and JRE - the secret is they're actually simple though sound tricky!
  • you'll install the Java Development Kit and get set up to use it - this is what all Java programs are built on - from small mobile apps for the individual through to powerful cloud-based apps running on hundred or thousands of machines - it all starts with the JDK!
  • you'll install an IDE - Eclipse (the best for beginners! ;)) and take your first steps with it. It's completely free (as are all tools/programs you need for Java). We'll even show you some super Ninja moves that the pro's use like debugging and refactoring! This won't scare you, but inspire you I promise!
  • you'll get acquainted with Java programming syntax in easy bitesize pieces as we keep it basic but practical - you'll see that programming is not as difficult as you'd imagine when you have the power of an IDE and all the "cheats" it can give you! ;)
  • we'll explore writing some very beginner-friendly Java code in the IDE together - we're keeping it simple so you don't get swamped - after the course, you'll have the confidence to move on and take your Java knowledge further

In short, this course is exactly what you need if you want to learn Java at a nice pace, in an easy way, with a friendly instructor who's happy to help you at any stage!
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

So... are you ready? Then I'll see you inside! Let's do this! ;)

Back