What's new

Android Android TV Date & Time Fixer

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowParchment81

Honorary Poster
Established
Reaction
We use two Xiaomi TV Stick 4Ks in my mom's room and on the TV in our shop. We've been using it for at least two years, and for some reason, they both experienced internet connectivity problems. They are both connected to our WiFi, but neither has access to the internet.

Nothing I tried, including setting up static IP addresses and changing the DNS, seemed to work. I later discovered that some Android TVs have a bug that causes the date and time to reset each time the device is powered off.

I almost gave up, but came across this You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., and it fixed our tv sticks.I'm sharing this in case you guys are experiencing the same issue.

Android TV Date & Time Fixer

How to use
  1. Download the executable file from You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
  2. Run it on your device and follow the instructions step by step

1697935173022.png

Note:
  • I've tried to use PH as the country code to set our devices timezone, but it didn't work. HK and TW worked for me though.
  • You had to do a full power cycle after performing the fixer.
I hope this helps.

Attachments

Last edited:
salamat po sa pag share.
pero tanong ko lang po, pwede bang mag setup once lang sa adb then no need na mag setup ulit every restart/reboot?

Ok here's the rundown how to solve this issue:

1. Using PC you must download the Android SDK Platform Tools (Just google it)
2. To install SDK watch here: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
3. Make sure you follow the installation process including the editing of the rules on how the adb will run on all folders
4. Open CMD
5. Test if adb is working by typing adb on cmd and hit enter
6. If all functions of adb are shown that means it is now working
7. Turn on your Android device/stick and enable developer settings(if you don't know just google it)
8. Access the Developer settings turn on "internet adb"
9. Now go to network settings of your Android device and browse check and note the IP address of your device
10. Go back to cmd and type: adb connect 192.168.x.x:5555 (where x is the exact number found in your IP address)
11. type: adb root (wait until it says it is running on root)
12: type: adb shell settings put global ntp_server time.medo64.com
13. type: adb shell settings put global ntp_timeout 5000
14. Completely turn off your Android Device - unplug it.
15. Turn ON go to settings and date and time select auto sync time
16. Go to Time zone - select either Kuala Lumpur, Hongkong, Singapore, Teipie
17. Check if date and time has change if not, Restart the device that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back