What's new

Help Assignment

aldrian1234

Eternal Poster
Established
For this activity, you have to watch the short video clip entitled: Four Cases of Police Brutality and Racism You Need to Know.

1. This is the link for the said video:

https://www.YøùTùbé.com/watch?v=-eksK8xRwcQ

2. After watching the said video clip, make your reaction paper regarding the four cases of police brutality and racism.

3. The outline and format for your reaction paper should consists of three main parts:

Introduction- this should include a brief summary of the content: question or material you are asked to respond to. The rule of thumb is to devote at least 3 sentences for the introduction. At the end of the introduction, write your thesis and this should support your argument.

Body (Your Reaction)- the second paragraph of your paper should contain your response of first reaction. Write concisely and follow this format to ensure your paper flows well. Give reasons as behind your reaction or perception. In the succeeding paragraphs, state other reactions. It is however imperative that you use personal indicators including in my opinion, I suppose, I think or I believe among others.

Conclusion- Conclude your reaction essay by restating your thesis statement and response. You can wrap up your paper by challenging target readers.

Title: Reaction to "Four Cases of Police Brutality and Racism You Need to Know"

Introduction:
The video clip "Four Cases of Police Brutality and Racism You Need to Know" sheds light on four distressing incidents that highlight the issue of police brutality and racism within law enforcement. These cases serve as a reminder of the systemic problems faced by marginalized communities and the urgent need for reform. This reaction paper will discuss my thoughts and feelings regarding these cases and explore the broader implications they hold.

Thesis:
The video exposes the deeply rooted issues of police brutality and racism that persist in society, demanding immediate attention and action.

Body (Your Reaction):

The first case presented in the video, involving the death of Eric Garner, left me profoundly disturbed and saddened. Witnessing the unjustified use of excessive force by the police officers, resulting in Garner's tragic death, revealed the alarming abuse of power within law enforcement. It is disheartening to witness such disregard for human life, especially when it disproportionately targets Black individuals. This case highlights the urgent need for accountability and justice within the criminal justice system.

Moving on to the second case, the fatal shooting of Philando Castile, I was left in disbelief at the immediate escalation of the situation by the police officer during a routine traffic stop. Castile's compliance and attempt to inform the officer about his legally owned firearm were met with fatal consequences, further exacerbating the fear and mistrust felt by communities of color towards the police. This incident underscores the pressing need for improved training and de-escalation techniques within law enforcement to prevent unnecessary loss of life.

The third case discussed, the murder of Michael Brown, exposed the alarming racial bias and prejudice that exists within some police departments. Witnessing the injustice and the lack of accountability in this case deeply troubled me. It is disheartening to see a justice system fail to provide justice for victims and perpetuate a cycle of mistrust and fear in communities. This case exemplifies the urgent need for impartial investigations and structural reforms within the criminal justice system to ensure equal treatment for all.

Lastly, the video presents the case of Breonna Taylor, a young woman whose life was unjustly taken during a botched police raid. The glaring incompetence and negligence displayed by the police in this case is deeply troubling. The fact that no officers were directly held accountable for her death highlights the systemic issues that allow such injustices to persist. The lack of consequences for the police involved in this case further erode trust in law enforcement and the justice system as a whole.

Conclusion:

In conclusion, the video "Four Cases of Police Brutality and Racism You Need to Know" provides a stark reminder of the persistent problems of police brutality and racism within our society. These cases emphasize the urgent need for reform, accountability, and justice within law enforcement. As responsible citizens, it is our duty to challenge and demand change, ensuring that these incidents are not forgotten or repeated. Only through collective efforts can we strive towards a more equitable and just society for all.