What's new

Does God Care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerebellum

Eternal Poster
Reaction
ON THE morning of November 1, 1755, the city of Lisbon, Portugal, was rocked by an earthquake. A tsunami and fires followed, destroying much of the city and killing thousands.

Following the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, an editorial in Canada’s National Post newspaper stated: “All great tragedies test humanity’s faith in a higher power. But some, like this modern day reprise of [that great tragedy in] Lisbon, more than others.” The article concluded: “God may have abandoned Haiti.”

As “the Almighty One,” Jehovah God has unlimited power, including the ability to end suffering. (Psalm 91:1) Furthermore, we can be sure that he cares. Why?

What Do We Know About God?

God feels compassion for humans who suffer. When the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt and mistreated by their captors, God told Moses: “Unquestionably I have seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their outcry as a result of those who drive them to work; because I well know the pains they suffer.” (Exodus 3:7) What does this indicate? That God does not look upon human suffering with indifference. On the contrary, centuries later the prophet Isaiah wrote regarding the Israelites: “During all their distress it was distressing to him.”—Isaiah 63:9.

“All his ways are justice.” (Deuteronomy 32:4) God is fair and impartial in everything he does. “He will guard the very way of his loyal ones,” but he will also “repay tribulation to those who make tribulation” for the righteous. (Proverbs 2:8; 2 Thessalonians 1:6, 7) Impartially, “he does not take the side of rulers nor favor the rich over the poor, for he created everyone.” (Job 34:19, Today’s English Version) God also knows the best way to heal mankind’s suffering. By contrast, human solutions can be compared to putting a bandage on a gunshot wound. While the bandage might mask the problem, it does little to address the underlying issue and even less to end the suffering of the victim.

| Would a doctor use a simple bandage to treat a bleeding gunshot wound?

God is “merciful and gracious . . . and abundant in loving-kindness.” (Exodus 34:6) The word “mercy,” as used in the Bible, conveys the warm sympathy and pity that move one person to help another. The root of the Hebrew word translated “gracious” is defined as “a heartfelt response by someone who has something to give to one who has a need.” According to the Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament, the word translated “loving-kindness” includes “intervention on behalf of someone suffering misfortune or distress.” Jehovah God not only feels hurt when a human suffers but is moved by his mercy, graciousness, and loving-kindness to offer help. Thus, we can be confident that he will end suffering.

The previous article identified three factors that contribute to much of human suffering today, none of which can be attributed to God. Let us now consider what is behind those factors.

Personal Choice

Adam was originally ruled by God. However, when offered the choice, he decided to reject divine rulership and test the consequences of independence from God. He disregarded Jehovah’s warning recorded at Genesis 2:17: “You will positively die.” Failure to submit to God’s perfect rule resulted in sin and imperfection. “Through one man sin entered into the world and death through sin,” explains the Bible, “and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned.” (Romans 5:12) But God will remove the effects of sin.

Random Events

As noted above, the first man, Adam, rejected divine guidance—the very guidance needed to keep humans safe—even from natural disasters. His decision might be compared to a patient who rejects the care of a skilled and experienced physician. If the patient is unaware of dangers and potential health complications that are known to the doctor, he may suffer for his willful ignorance. Similarly, it is man’s mismanagement of the earth—including unsafe building practices and ignorance concerning the earth’s natural forces—that is often at the root of natural disasters. However, God will not allow this situation to continue indefinitely.

“The Ruler of This World”

Why did God allow Satan to rule the world after his rebellion? According to one source, “new regimes of any kind have a brief initial period when they can blame problems on the previous government.” If Jehovah had prematurely overthrown “the ruler of this world,” Satan could have blamed his inadequacies on the previous Ruler, God. (John 12:31) However, allowing time to pass for Satan to fully express his authority over the world has proved his failure as a ruler. Nevertheless, the question remains, How can we be sure that suffering will end?

Ang saklap naman neto:

God also knows the best way to heal mankind’s suffering. By contrast, human solutions can be compared to putting a bandage on a gunshot wound. While the bandage might mask the problem, it does little to address the underlying issue and even less to end the suffering of the victim.

Imagine that someone is suffering from a gunshot wound then ung doctor is trying his best to help him kaso bandages lang gamit then may isang individual who knows how to help ung nagsusuffer pero nanonood lang….

Atleast the doctor is trying to help….

Imagine that someone is suffering from a gunshot wound then ung doctor is trying his best to help him kaso bandages lang gamit then may isang individual who knows how to help ung nagsusuffer pero nanonood lang….

And imagine a person who always think that he knows what he says about the issues but he really didn't know the context..

Last edited:
And imagine a person who always think that he knows what he says about the issues but he really didn't know the context..
I can say that same thing sayo...

but anyway,,my reply was based sa narrative mo...wat context did i missed? paki point out so i will understand

wat context did i missed? paki point out so i will understand

What do you think po ba yung context na nalampasan mo? For you saying na

may isang individual who knows how to help ung nagsusuffer pero nanonood lang….

Anong context nya'n sa tingin mo? Sino po pinatutungkulan mo dito?

And you really think, that 'individual' na sinasabi mo, will not do anything to help sa mga nagsusuffer kahit kaya niya naman pala or may tamang panahon lang talaga siya para ayusin o gamutin, ika nga, ang lahat?

Tapos na ba ang operasyon para sabihin mong 'nanonood lang siya' at palabasing wala siyang ginagawa/gagawin?

What do you think po ba yung context na nalampasan mo? For you saying na

Anong context nya'n sa tingin mo? Sino po pinatutungkulan mo dito?

And you really think, that 'individual' na sinasabi mo, will not do anything to help sa mga nagsusuffer kahit kaya niya naman pala or may tamang panahon lang talaga siya para ayusin o gamutin, ika nga, ang lahat?

Tapos na ba ang operasyon para sabihin mong 'nanonood lang siya' at palabasing wala siyang ginagawa/gagawin?
Here we go again.. bat ibabalik mo na nmn sa akin eh ur the one u said i didnt understand the context.. im asking u to point it out nga eh para maintindihan ko… dont make it complicated…

Kaya nga.. un nga point ko eh.. on going na ung suffering… why not step in agad to help kung alam neang di effective ung isang nagttry to mend ung suffering…

And i didnt say he is not willing to do anything.. im saying he is not doing anything now while may nagsusuffer… gets mo ba?

Imaginin mo ung scenario na yan sa hospital na may nagsusuffer sa ER tapos ung nurse trying to help then may doctor nmn pala watching everything happens tapos tska lang sya papapsok sa eksena kasi di kaya ng nurse at alam neang di kaya ng nurse itreat ung patient.. is that a good doctor??

why not step in agad to help kung alam neang di effective ung isang nagttry to mend ung suffering

Imaginin mo ung scenario na yan sa hospital na may nagsusuffer sa ER tapos ung nurse trying to help then may doctor nmn pala watching everything happens tapos tska lang sya papapsok sa eksena kasi di kaya ng nurse at alam neang di kaya ng nurse itreat ung patient.. is that a good doctor??

That's the point why it says in the article na ganyan kapag human solution. They can't do anything to end the sufferings. To add that human thinking also wants ng immediate solution, gaya ng gusto mo sanang mangyari.

But God is not a human being. He already set a right time where he will step in sa sufferings na nararanasan ng mga tao at kung kailan niya yon tatapusin. And since pinunto mo din na...

he is not doing anything NOW while may nagsusuffer…
Eh hindi ibg sbhn nyan na wala na siyang gagawin. Kaya niyang gawin, at ibalik ang buhay ng mga namatay, at alisin ang mga pagdurusang nararanasan natin, pero hindi pa NGAYON ang time para gawin niya yon.. Gets mo ba?

So don't say or point out na 'nanonood lang siya' na parang gustong-gusto niyang naghihirap tayong mga tao..

And to say na wala siyang ginagawa ngayon eh ikaw lang ang nag-iisip nya'n.. Like what I have said to you, you don't know the context kung paano kumikilos ang Diyos NGAYON..

That's the point why it says in the article na ganyan kapag human solution. They can't do anything to end the sufferings. To add that human thinking also wants ng immediate solution, gaya ng gusto mo sanang mangyari.

But God is not a human being. He already set a right time where he will step in sa sufferings na nararanasan ng mga tao at kung kailan niya yon tatapusin. And since pinunto mo din na...

Eh hindi ibg sbhn nyan na wala na siyang gagawin. Kaya niyang gawin, at ibalik ang buhay ng mga namatay, at alisin ang mga pagdurusang nararanasan natin, pero hindi pa NGAYON ang time para gawin niya yon.. Gets mo ba?

So don't say or point out na 'nanonood lang siya' na parang gustong-gusto niyang naghihirap tayong mga tao..

And to say na wala siyang ginagawa ngayon eh ikaw lang ang nag-iisip nya'n.. Like what I have said to you, you don't know the context kung paano kumikilos ang Diyos NGAYON..
Puro ka “i dont know the context” eh ive been asking you nga… ano ginagawa nea ngayon to end suffering? Pls paki specify…

Di pa ngayon ang time? Gets ko yang belief and yan nga point ko eh… matagal na and still up to now may suffering pa din… minamaliit mo ung ginagawa ng tao to address suffering tapos ang isasagot lang eh perhaps in the future matatapos na.. eh now nga nagsusufffer eh…

“Jehovah God not only feels hurt when a human suffers but is moved by his mercy, graciousness, and loving-kindness to offer help.”

Yes tao lang tayo at hindi tao si god mo… yan nga sbi mo he feels hurt pag may nagsusuffer.. wat more pa kaya ung tao na aktwal na nagsusuffer…

Im all for those people na tumutulong sa iba to alleviate their suffering… and i hope ganon ka din.. may pag may nakikita kang nagsusuffer at may kakayahan ka nmang tumulong eh aaksyon ka…

TUTULONG KA BA SA TAONG NAGHIHIRAP OR SASABIHAN MO DIN NA HINDI PA NGAYON ANG TIME PARA MAY GAWIN KA?

Kunwari ung sa mcdo incident… nagsusuffer ung manager dun sa hostile na customer na kung ano anong mura ang sinasabi… may police dun kunware na nakikita ang lahat ng nangyayari… ano for you, PERSONALLY, ang tingin mo dapat gawin ng pulis at bakit?

Here we go again.. bat ibabalik mo na nmn sa akin eh ur the one u said i didnt understand the context.. im asking u to point it out nga eh para maintindihan ko… dont make it complicated…

Kaya nga.. un nga point ko eh.. on going na ung suffering… why not step in agad to help kung alam neang di effective ung isang nagttry to mend ung suffering…

And i didnt say he is not willing to do anything.. im saying he is not doing anything now while may nagsusuffer… gets mo ba?

di pa din ata na sagot yung tanong mo na sang part di mo na gets yung context. From my prospective di din gets ni ts yung context kasi prang copy paste lang nya kung san man nya na pulot yan. Kaya ayaw ko maki pag debate basta about religion kasi i rarason lang nila is " nangaling yan sa bibliya kaya totoo yan". I'm not an atheist btw.

Helping is human nature. Suffering is part of being a human.

Status
Not open for further replies.