What's new

Closed History of heaviest humans as world's biggest man loses half his body weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

-simplice-

Forum Expert
Reaction
20181205_182242.png 20181205_182303.png

The world's most obese man has slimmed down by half his body weight. Juan Pedro Franco Salas made headlines in November 2016 when he weighed 594.8 kg (1,311 lb 4.9 oz; 93 st 9 lb), but now he's lost 45 st.

Following the recent news that the world’s – now former! – heaviest person alive has lost an incredible 291 kg (641 lb or 45 st – the equivalent of 40 large bowling balls!), we take a look back at the story of the heaviest humans on Earth. It’s a tale that is by turns turbulent, tragic and even uplifting.

The heaviest human category is not one that’s challenged very often. Few individuals wish to publicize their extreme obesity, although occasionally a new story breaks when someone seeks help for what is a very serious medical condition. Record holders face a constant struggle, not only with their extreme size and fluctuating waistlines, but also the life-threatening health issues that accompany them.

This is the case with the most recent man to be verified as the world’s Heaviest human: Juan Pedro Franco Salas of the central Mexican city of Aguascalientes.

In November 2016, Franco made headlines around the world when he was hospitalized for life-saving treatment. Initially reported to weigh 1,105 lb (501 kg; 79 st), he actually tipped the scales at 594.8 kg (1,311 lb 4.9 oz; 93 st 9 lb) – the weight of nearly 10 average ãdül† men.

He had suffered from morbid obesity since childhood, his condition exacerbated by an injury he sustained aged 17. "My body just followed its own path without any control whatsoever," he said of his spiralling weight gain. "I tried to diet day after day, but nothing worked and I became desperate."

An accomplished guitar player, Juan Pedro enjoyed performing traditional Mexican ballads. "He was a good cumbia dancer," said his mother, María de Jesús Salas, "and had two or three girlfriends." But he soon became incapacitated by his weight, and became a prisoner in his own home.

Two years ago the 32-year-old left his bedroom for the first time in seven years to undergo life-saving treatment in hospital. He was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes, thyroid dysfunction, hypertension and liquid in his lungs. By May 2017, Franco had lost 170 kg (374 lb; 26 st 10 lb) – roughly the weight of two kangaroos – and was able to have gastric bypass surgery.

Following his gastric bypass surgery, he embarked upon a new dietary and exercise regime which saw him lose a third of his body weight by the time he appeared in the pages of Guinness World Records 2019. Aided by a team of 30 health professionals, he continued to reduce his weight still further – reaching 304 kg as of November this year.

Attachments

Oo.. may napanood ako reality show ganiyan ang storya kaya nakakaawa din sila sa subrang katabaan di na nila kaya sarili nila...
Like me, ang timbang ko ngaun around 100+ kilo at my age 17, pero di naman ako nabibigatan sa katawan ko.

Oh... wow... okay lang yan bata kapa naman e.. pero kailangan mo din imaintain yan baka maging kagaya ka nila!
Yun nga mam e kaso yung papa ko ayaw akong mangayayat hahaha. Kaya binabawi kona lang sa talent at pakikitungo ng maayos sa kapwa.

Yun nga mam e kaso yung papa ko ayaw akong mangayayat hahaha. Kaya binabawi kona lang sa talent at pakikitungo ng maayos sa kapwa.

Ay wow... papa mo talaga nagpupush para tumaba ka lalo!hahaha... katuwa naman! :) baka maging majimbo ka niyan! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

About this Thread

Replies
    Views
    Participants
Last reply from:
iHateYouParelol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors