What's new

Closed How to avoid data charges on a prepaid cell phone plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction
Share ko lang to sa inyo para maka save ng data sa mga nag plan ng prepaid to all networks...

Switch to a non-working APN to stop the data charges for your apps
by You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

If you have a smartphone and a You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. or pay-as-you-go plan, you don't want apps connecting to the internet in the background eating up your minutes. Unfortunately, many You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. consume data even when you're not using them. News and weather apps, for example, update in the background and automatically refresh every few minutes so they can be fresh. When you're on a prepaid plan, you should monitor your You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. using You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., but there's also a great settings trick that reader Duane emailed in:

"I’ve found that changing your APN to a non-working APN will stop the data charges for all Android apps. This will only allow you to use these apps when you have a wifi connection. No apps that require data will take your minutes away. Some phones will allow you to program multiple APNs, and you can choose which one to use.

I had a prepaid T-mobile and switched to a Samsung Sidekick 4G. My data was sucking the minutes and I was heading to a $30 a month plan until I found out this trick.

Hope this can help other Prepaid users."
The You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now., or Access Point Name, instructs your phone which network to access for data, so by putting in a nonsense APN, your cell phone will no longer use up mobile data. You could also use this APN settings switch when traveling internationally to You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now..

I hope and I'm glad o helped you.

Thanks for the share...

Just for me lang naman, parang mas madali if iturn off na lang yung mobile data or iturn on yung wifi para walang charge di ba mga paps?? (n)

200.gif

Attachments

buksan lamang ang mobile data or pocket wifi kung mag iinternet ..yung iba kasi hinahayaan nilang naka open yung mobile data.

Status
Not open for further replies.