What's new

Closed Passport surrender rule in vietnam

Status
Not open for further replies.

shewholovesthebeach

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Hi guys! To anyone here who's been in Vietnam, particularly in Ho Chi Minh, is it a standard procedure for tourists to surrender their passports at the hotel reception upon check-in? I'm still bothered by what my friends and I experienced in our recent trip. Good thing the hotel staff was kind enough to return our passports when we offered to surrender our IDs instead.

Thanks for the tip! Kaya helpful din na may dalamg other IDs apart from passport. Nakakakaba yan huhu

Thanks for the tip! Kaya helpful din na may dalamg other IDs apart from passport. Nakakakaba yan huhu

You're welcome! Just be mindful of your belongings at all times. During our trip, I've heard na may Pinay na nawalan ng bag that contains her money and travel documents, her passport included. Who would want to go through that stress and hassle di ba? So doble ingat talaga.

You're welcome! Just be mindful of your belongings at all times. During our trip, I've heard na may Pinay na nawalan ng bag that contains her money and travel documents, her passport included. Who would want to go through that stress and hassle di ba? So doble ingat talaga.

Oh my. Stress! Imbes na mag-enjoy na-hassle ka pa.

Would you advise to carry your passport everywhere at all times? Cos is it just me or kahit saan ako magpunta even just a convenience store I’d have to bring my passport

Would you advise to carry your passport everywhere at all times? Cos is it just me or kahit saan ako magpunta even just a convenience store I’d have to bring my passport

If you happen to go to Ho Chi Minh City, I suggest iwan mo na lang sa hotel receptionist. Yun naman pala kasi ang nakasanayan doon na practice before and some hotels are still implementing it until now. Naunahan lang kami ng panic kaya we decided to offer our IDs instead. In that case, makakapagtravel ka ng maayos, at ease, walang inaalala (well, apart from your pocket money). For the tourists' own good din naman yung policy of surrendering passports.

But if di ka talaga comfortable, you just have to be extra careful. Remember, turista ka sa ibang bansa and in that case, you're a walking dollar/peso sign everywhere!

If you happen to go to Ho Chi Minh City, I suggest iwan mo na lang sa hotel receptionist. Yun naman pala kasi ang nakasanayan doon na practice before and some hotels are still implementing it until now. Naunahan lang kami ng panic kaya we decided to offer our IDs instead. In that case, makakapagtravel ka ng maayos, at ease, walang inaalala (well, apart from your pocket money). For the tourists' own good din naman yung policy of surrendering passports.

But if di ka talaga comfortable, you just have to be extra careful. Remember, turista ka sa ibang bansa and in that case, you're a walking dollar/peso sign everywhere!

Hmm, but what if something happens to you and you don’t have your passport dahil nasa reception? What is the rule about daw, bakit kailangang iwan? So eventually iniwan niyo na rin passport niyo sa kanila?

Hmm, but what if something happens to you and you don’t have your passport dahil nasa reception? What is the rule about daw, bakit kailangang iwan? So eventually iniwan niyo na rin passport niyo sa kanila?

You just have to call up your hotel daw (dapat may number ka) and inform them of the situation. Or inform the police that you're staying with this hotel para sila ang tumawag to verify your identity.

That's what our friend who has been working in Vietnam for two months now told us.

You just have to call up your hotel daw (dapat may number ka) and inform them of the situation. Or inform the police that you're staying with this hotel para sila ang tumawag to verify your identity.

That's what our friend who has been working in Vietnam for two months now told us.
I see. So protocol nga. Napanatag naman kayo na ganun yung sistema? Okay naman?

Status
Not open for further replies.