What's new

Poe wants to look into bidding process for P3-million PAGCOR logo

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr., First Lady Liza Araneta Marcos, PAGCOR Chairman Alejandro Tengco and Speaker Martin Romualdez unveil the new logo of the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation during its 40th anniversary celebration, in Pasay City on Tuesday, July 11, 2023. RTVM screenshot
Senator Grace Poe wants to look into the bidding process for the new logo of the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR), saying that a “staggering amount” was spent for it.

During the Kapihan sa Senado on Wednesday, Poe said the P3 million that was spent for the logo could have been used for other, more important programs.

“Ganyan ba talaga kamahal para gumawa ng bagong logo? Di ba? Saan ba pwedeng mapunta ‘yung P3 million na ‘yon? It’s a staggering amount considering how much work was put into it,” Poe said.

(Is it really that expensive to create a new logo? Where would the P3 million have gone to?)

“Although I believe in paying a ρrémíùm for artists, in this case, ‘yung P3 million…usually painting na ‘yan na mahal kung kukuha tayo ng magaling na artist na mag-drawing niyan, ‘di ba?” she went on.

(It's usually a painting would be that expensive if we hired a great artist to create it, right?)

The lawmaker continued to express her dismay over the new logo, saying, “pwedeng parang gawin lang 'yan sa computer e.”

(It looks like you could have made it on a computer.)

“When it comes to government projects where there [are] limited resources and it can be allocated to other projects that are more important, e baka pwedeng magtipid-tipid tayo nang konti [maybe we can be a bit thrifty]. So yung bidding lang gusto ko malaman,” she said.

(I just want to know about the bidding.)

The state gaming corporation released its new logo during its 40th anniversary celebration. The event was attended by President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr., First Lady Liza Araneta-Marcos, and Speaker Martin Romualdez, who were invited on stage to unveil the logo.

According to You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. the new logo design costs P3.035 million and was awarded to Printplus Graphic Services.

Asked about social media posts that cast doubt on the legitimacy of the contractor, Poe said she sees no problem if the contractor is compliant with the government procurement requirements.

“Okay din 'yon, parang support small businesses...basta ‘yung papeles nila—nakarehistro ba sila sa SEC? Kung individual man sila, ‘yung kanilang mga tax declaration… may requirements yan e sa PhilGEPS [Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System],” she said.

(It's fine, [we should] support small businesses...as long as their papers—are they registered by the SEC? If it's an individual, the PhilGEPS has requirements.)

“Kung naka-comply naman sila, kahit na saan pa sila nakatira, basta may kakayanan sila. Pero ‘yung P3 million talaga e… For that? Para sa rights ng ganyan? Tatanungin ko kung may proper bidding ba ‘yan, kung paano nakakuha ng kontrata na ganon,” Poe said.

(If they are complaint, wherever they live, as long as they have the capability. But P3 million...for that? For the rights to that? I will ask if there was proper bidding for it, how they got the contract.) — BM, GMA Integrated News

This article Poe wants to look into bidding process for P3-million PAGCOR logo was originally published in GMA News Online.

yung tipong ang daming ganap sa pogo lately tapos sasabay pa ng ganito ng pagcor, kuhang kuha talaga nila ang attention ng pinas :3

btw hindi ako professional graphic artist pero ayoko na lang mag talk

Last edited:
At yung left spline ng red element parang hindi tama

gasul.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm working as a POGO SP***R yeah I know that's îllégâl but mas îllégâl yung ginawa nilang pag raid sa Las Pinas. On how they treat Chinese & other race. They even take the money of Chinese sa mismong dorm nila nang di nalalaman and halos karamihan kahit kapwa pinoy hindi naka kain nang maayos dahil sa ginawa nila. "RESCUE OPERATION" "DAW" pero halos patayin halos lahat sa gutom. May pinapepermahan pa silang waiver which is walang naka sulat. damn. pati chinese bago i-release need mag bayad nang 300K-500K depende sa posisyon then sa pinoy 10k bawat ulo.

wala atang ibang nag bid kaya hindi nagkaroon ng "competitive bidding" which is a violation of procurement act

Last edited:
Back