What's new

Help Question about Linking Account on Switch

Krei0n

Forum Veteran
Elite
May Switch V1 Unpatched Dual Boot po Ako na nabili ko 2ndhand and gusto ko po sanang palitan yung naka linked account ng bago.. may epekto po ba ito kapag nag switch back Ako to Jailbreak Mode?? And also how to linked new account and deleted the previous one?? I'm a newbie to this kasi baka po magkamali.. thanks po sa tips in advance

Hello!

If you want to change the linked account on your Switch, it shouldn't affect your ability to switch back to Jailbreak mode. However, if the previous account had any digital games or saves, you might lose access to them when you unlink the account.

To link a new account and delete the previous one, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to the System Settings on your Switch home screen.
2. Scroll down and select "Users."
3. Select the user account that is linked to the previous account.
4. Scroll down and select "Unlink Nintendo Account."
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to unlink the account.
6. Once unlinked, select "Add User" to create a new user account.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to add the new user account.
8. Once the new account is set up, you can link your new Nintendo account to it by going back to "Users" in the System Settings, selecting the new user account, and selecting "Link Nintendo Account."

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hello!

If you want to change the linked account on your Switch, it shouldn't affect your ability to switch back to Jailbreak mode. However, if the previous account had any digital games or saves, you might lose access to them when you unlink the account.

8. Once the new account is set up, you can link your new Nintendo account to it by going back to "Users" in the System Settings, selecting the new user account, and selecting "Link Nintendo Account."

Can I link both accounts at once

Can I link both accounts at once
No, you cannot link both accounts at once. Each user account on the Nintendo Switch can only be linked to one Nintendo Account at a time.

If you want to link a new Nintendo Account to your Switch, you will need to remove the old linked account first by following the steps I mentioned earlier. Once you have done that, you can link the new Nintendo Account to your Switch by going to Users in the System Settings and selecting the user account you want to link the new account to.

I hope this answers your question! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello!

You said here earlier that if I linked the new account it only effects the digital games and saves that I installed but not the jailbreak.. so it means that I can still use the jailbreak mode with a new account, correct me if I'm wrong??

You said here earlier that if I linked the new account it only effects the digital games and saves that I installed but not the jailbreak.. so it means that I can still use the jailbreak mode with a new account, correct me if I'm wrong??
Yes, you are correct. Linking a new Nintendo account to your Switch should not affect the Jailbreak mode. Jailbreaking your Switch is an independent modification made to the device's operating system, and changing the linked Nintendo account should not alter the jailbreak in any way.

However, as I mentioned earlier, if you have any digital games or saves associated with the old account, you may lose access to them when you unlink the account. So be sure to back up any important saves before making any changes to the linked account.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Let me know if you have any more questions.

If ever I don't have to back up the saves of the games link on the previous account I can download the games again and start new?? No errors on my jailbreak switch?? Sorry if I always repeat my questions..
Yes, you are correct. Linking a new Nintendo account to your Switch should not affect the Jailbreak mode. Jailbreaking your Switch is an independent modification made to the device's operating system, and changing the linked Nintendo account should not alter the jailbreak in any way.

However, as I mentioned earlier, if you have any digital games or saves associated with the old account, you may lose access to them when you unlink the account. So be sure to back up any important saves before making any changes to the linked account.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Back