What's new

Closed The dead-dog image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad-hater

Forum Guru
Reaction
Mephibosheth was the grandson of King Saul and the son of Jonathan, who had been a close covenant friend to David. Crippled as a youth, Mephibosheth had a poor self-image, a dead dog image. Instead of seeing himself as the rightful heir to his father's and grandfather's legacy, he saw himself as someone who would be rejected.

When David sent for Mephibosheth, he fell down before the king and displayed fear. David told him not to fear, that he intended to show him kindness.
Mephibosheth response is an important example of the kind of poor self -image we all need to overcome.

A poor self image causes us to operate in fear instead of faith. We look at what is wrong with us instead of what is right with Jesus. He has taken our wrongness and given us His righteousness (2 Conrinthians 5:21). We need to walk in the reality of truth.

I love the end of the story. David blessed Mephibosheth for Jonathan sake. He gave him servants and land and provided for all of his needs.
I relate Mephibosheth lameness to our own weaknesses. We may also fellowship and eat with our King Jesus -despite our faults and weaknesses.

Note: We have a covenant with God, sealed and ratified in the blood of Jesus Christ.

:)forger about last night..I'm the one who say sorry and whatever necessarily happens I'll take the responsibility. .Ingat ka lagi panget..sign off mona ako..mimiss kita:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.