What's new

Tutorial TTV

Aside from Local Channels, what types of TV genres would you like to see?

• Movies

• Kids

• News

• General Entertainment

• Foreign

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just to update on my side, I have managed to get some of my mobile dev friends interested in this endeavour. But I am at the mercy of their free time.

We have began planning the development which will be divided into 3 primary phases:
1. Playing clearkey protected mpd streams.
2. Handling encryption and the construction of a server to deliver the encrypted content: source. Clearkeys will be hardcoded with encryption inside the app to prevent sniffing.
3. Designing the overall UI/UX of the app. This includes (but is not limited to): channel switching, epg loading.

Future phases could then ensue after the 3 which may include:
1. IOS support.
2. Ability to play widevine protected mpd streams.
3. Better infrastructure to allow for co-development with the TTV team plus mutual agreements to avoid conflicts of interest.

Meant to email this to concerned parties, but decided to post it here for transparency.

Just to update on my side, I have managed to get some of my mobile dev friends interested in this endeavour. But I am at the mercy of their free time.

We have began planning the development which will be divided into 3 primary phases:
1. Playing clearkey protected mpd streams.
2. Handling encryption and the construction of a server to deliver the encrypted content: source. Clearkeys will be hardcoded with encryption inside the app to prevent sniffing.
3. Designing the overall UI/UX of the app. This includes (but is not limited to): channel switching, epg loading.

Future phases could then ensue after the 3 which may include:
1. IOS support.
2. Ability to play widevine protected mpd streams.
3. Better infrastructure to allow for co-development with the TTV team plus mutual agreements to avoid conflicts of interest.

Meant to email this to concerned parties, but decided to post it here for transparency.
Thank you sir cryogenix that is good news but i have some questions and suggestions

Question:
* Are they willing to do it for free?

Suggestions:
  • Hosting the m3u via heroku or any other php-based free host site (this is to keep the service free of charge to everyone).
  • Custom channel numbers for easy navigation (similar to what the leaker did on her playlist)
  • A site or system where editing the playlist can be easier for the people who are allowed to do so (namely wrmnl01 , nivr4m , thedarkdragon11 , Minecraftgamer , me, you sir cryogenix , sir hi2u , and friends of the thread namely melchor and fotvnet ) as well as a possible channel and stream addition contribution system so that everyone who has a feed of a certain channel can send requests to us so that it can be added to the line-up

I hope that this colab will allow a bigger and better TTV to flourish.

forgot to add this to my post:
Floating suggestions (Optional but not really needed):
Support for subtitles (especially Bitmap/DVB subtitle support because the Astro feeds use such subtitling system).

Last edited:
Yes this is for free although I am thinking of ways to prevent people who get the apk from monetizing it without our knowledge. For IOS tho, since you will need an enterprise account or a jailbroken device in order to install 3rd party apps, we will distribute via altstore to keep things simple and free. For android, the standard APK is a no-brainer solution.

Yes, the server will be deployed on Heroku just like my AdoboTV.

However, the Github repository will be a private repository and with TTV added as collaborators to keep things closed source. Participation will require regularly maintained mpd sources with their corresponding clearkeys.

Custom channel numbers is a check in my book.

Subtitle support for live tv is hard to implement but if an existing source like astro HBO has it, we will try.

Yes this is for free although I am thinking of ways to prevent people who get the apk from monetizing it without our knowledge. For IOS tho, since you will need an enterprise account or a jailbroken device in order to install 3rd party apps, we will distribute via altstore to keep things simple and free. For android, the standard APK is a no-brainer solution.

Yes, the server will be deployed on Heroku just like my AdoboTV.

However, the Github repository will be a private repository and with TTV added as collaborators to keep things closed source. Participation will require regularly maintained mpd sources with their corresponding clearkeys.

Custom channel numbers is a check in my book.

Subtitle support for live tv is hard to implement but if an existing source like astro HBO has it, we will try.
agree on this sir, lets hope for the best.

Yes this is for free although I am thinking of ways to prevent people who get the apk from monetizing it without our knowledge.
Same thoughts baka may mga vlogger or pasikat sa fb who are knowledgeable in coding Android to take advantage and earn profit without all of us here knowing.
I don't have github but gonna make one soon for the maintainance of the feeds and editing should it be ready to launch.

Last edited:
Tama po. Kung marunong Lang.
If you want to contribute po in the future, you can start by doing some self-study on these technologies:
1. Git
2. PHP
3. M3U Creation
4. JSON Formatting
5. Encryption

Or if you are what we are looking for:
1. Android Development

Pero shempre it's not for me to decide if you can join in. May final say pa rin jan yung TTV Team.

Users search this thread by keywords

1. Mpd
  2. Philippines m3u8
  3. widevine
  4. TTV
  5. Kapamilya channel m3u8
  6. Jeepney tv m3u
  7. streamio
  8. M3u Phillipines
  9. tfc asia m3u8
  10. Iptv with abs cbn
  11. Aniplus m3u