What's new

2 Timothy 1:14

Swimmah

Forum Guru
Elite
Reaction
2 Timothy 1:14 (KJV) That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

Cling to Jesus as a branch to a vine. Engrave God’s word on the tablet of your heart. We’ve been given a great treasure, the knowledge of God and His saving grace. And it is something that is worth holding on to and protecting. And God gives us His Spirit, to guard our knowledge by His wisdom so that we do not lose hold of what we’ve been given.

Lord, thank You for opening my eyes to the truth of Your grace. Please fill me with Your Spirit, so that Your wisdom may never depart from me. May Your truth grow deep roots within my heart, and may you open my eyes and mind to be always discerning and watchful for the temptations and lies that would try to s†éál Your truth away from me. In Jesus’ name, amen.

The Holy Spirit's role here is that of protection and strength. Just as Paul had been entrusted , Timothy had likewise been entrusted with much. Paul instructed him to guard the investment in his life and persevere as a devoted follower of Christ.