What's new

G·TM Recycled phone number

romualdmaru

Addict
Reaction
Do you know if Globe or any local carriers recycle phone numbers for their postpaid plans?

I got my new phone and SIM card (not sure if it's really new) a week ago. I have only shared my new number to my family since but I have been receiving weird messages (no personal messages so far) like loan offers. I thought it was because I've been researching on business loans. The frequent messages annoyed me but I tried not to care until yesterday, I got a text from Security Bank (looks legit) about "my Statement of Account" which of course I didn't have with them. That's when I realized that the number I have was someone else's.

Anyone who had the same scenario? Can I call customer service and ask for a new number or replace it using my old phone number? Appreciate any help.

They do. The previous owner of my Globe number seems to be a postpaid subscriber with unsettled balances and I had to tell the callers/texters repeatedly that that's not me and I will report them to Globe if they won't stop harrassing me. Fortunately, the texts for the other person stopped after a while. I thought I would have a problem kasi I signed up the number for Gcash so I can't easily give this up

if your simcard is bought from small store or like bought not in the mall. ithink its already used by someone first before you gain used .some times sim sellers didn't know that the product is already used 1time

May nabili ako na SIM sinubukan ko mag recover Ng account sa Facebook nagulat ko may account na naka connect sa number na recover ko pero nag locked sya

Yes sa postpaid number ko ganyan din nung una kong makuha. Pati legit na businesses na ka-transaction ng dating may-ari tinatawagan ako. Na-curious nga ako minsan ganda ng boses nung isang tumawag gusto kong landiin. LOL

Pwede mo siguro i-try na ipa-port yung old number mo sa postpaid plan mo ngayon. In theory pwede magawa yun. Tanong lang kung pwede sa database ng Globe yung ganung process.

Just simply block those spam SMS. Yes, the telcos have the power to recycle old and deactivated numbers.
As subscribers, we have to maintain our sim card number by maintaining a certain balance for a period of time (usually 3 months), or else they will deactivate it and create another sim for a new subscriber.