What's new

Help Redmi 9t ( Uncertain Whether It's a Battery, Motherboard, or IC Issue )

Ryuzaki0

Honorary Poster
Established
Reaction
After using a custom ROM for several months, my DerpFest OS started experiencing frequent auto restarts. It's normal for custom ROMs to have occasional auto restarts due to their experimental nature. Despite switching to different custom ROMs and kernels, the issue persisted, and my device would still auto restart.

To address this, I decided to flash the stock ROM using MiFlash Tools, the official flashing tool. However, during the flashing process, an error occurred, specifically "error: Writing 'modem'." I checked the MiFlash Logs, and this error message was displayed.

I also attempted to flash the stock ROM through Platforms Tools bootloop, but encountered difficulties in the process.

In my attempts to resolve the issue, I installed different versions of the custom recovery OrangeFox (1.3 and 1.4), but I couldn't successfully boot into recovery mode.

Finally, I tried flashing a custom recovery called SHARP Recovery, and the flashing process was successful. However, when I tried to boot into recovery mode, I encountered a battery error.

Currently, I can only boot into fastboot mode when the device is connected to a charger. When I connect it to a PC, I receive a battery error message.

Battery Xiaomi.jpg

Attachments

It seems that you have tried different methods to resolve the auto restart issue on your device, but unfortunately, you encountered several errors and issues during the process.

Regarding the error message "error: Writing 'modem'," this could be caused by a corrupted modem file or a problem with the partition itself. You can try to download a different stock ROM and see if the issue persists.

For the difficulties you faced when flashing the stock ROM through Platforms Tools bootloop, it could be due to driver issues or improper installation of the tools. You can try to reinstall the driver and make sure you follow the instructions carefully.

Regarding the battery error you encountered when trying to boot into recovery mode with SHARP Recovery, it could be a compatibility issue between the custom recovery and your device. You can try to install another custom recovery that is compatible with your device and see if it resolves the issue.

Lastly, the fact that you can only boot into fastboot mode when the device is connected to a charger and receive a battery error message when connected to a PC suggests a problem with the battery or charging port. You may need to replace the battery or have the charging port checked by a professional technician.

In summary, you can try to download a different stock ROM, reinstall the driver for Platforms Tools, and install a different custom recovery that is compatible with your device. If the issue persists, you may need to have your battery or charging port checked.

It seems that you have tried different methods to resolve the auto restart issue on your device, but unfortunately, you encountered several errors and issues during the process.

Regarding the error message "error: Writing 'modem'," this could be caused by a corrupted modem file or a problem with the partition itself. You can try to download a different stock ROM and see if the issue persists.

For the difficulties you faced when flashing the stock ROM through Platforms Tools bootloop, it could be due to driver issues or improper installation of the tools. You can try to reinstall the driver and make sure you follow the instructions carefully.

Regarding the battery error you encountered when trying to boot into recovery mode with SHARP Recovery, it could be a compatibility issue between the custom recovery and your device. You can try to install another custom recovery that is compatible with your device and see if it resolves the issue.

Lastly, the fact that you can only boot into fastboot mode when the device is connected to a charger and receive a battery error message when connected to a PC suggests a problem with the battery or charging port. You may need to replace the battery or have the charging port checked by a professional technician.

In summary, you can try to download a different stock ROM, reinstall the driver for Platforms Tools, and install a different custom recovery that is compatible with your device. If the issue persists, you may need to have your battery or charging port checked.
Thanks 🤗

Back