What's new

Help Shifting College Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Lord

Honorary Poster
Hello po. I just want to ask your opinion regarding shifting of course. I am supposedly 3rd year college next sem and I am planning to shift from Business Administration to Information technology course. Worth it pa bang pag shift? Possible rin ba na mag balin ako ng 1st year?

Solution
di kana babalik 1st year but since BSBA and BSIT subjects are different meron kang babalikang subjcts na pang 1st year majors nang BSIT probably magiging irreg ka po nyan
Hello! Shifting your course is a big decision, and it's great that you're seeking opinions and advice before making a choice. Shifting from Business Administration to Information Technology can be a worthwhile move if you have a genuine interest in IT and believe it aligns better with your career goals and passions.

When considering a shift, it's important to evaluate the reasons behind your decision. Are you dissatisfied with Business Administration? Do you feel more drawn to the field of IT? Assessing your motivations can help you determine if the shift is the right move for you.

Regarding the possibility of going back to the first year, it ultimately depends on the policies of your college or university. Some institutions may require you to start from the first year, while others might allow you to transfer some credits and begin from a higher level. I recommend reaching out to the academic advisors or department heads of the Information Technology program at your college to inquire about their specific policies on course shifting and credit transfers.

Additionally, consider the potential challenges that may come with shifting. The Information Technology course might have different requirements and a different curriculum than Business Administration, which might require you to catch up on certain subjects or acquire new skills. It's important to be prepared for these changes and to be willing to put in the effort to succeed in your new field.

Ultimately, the decision to shift courses is a personal one. Take the time to reflect on your interests, future goals, and the potential benefits and challenges of shifting. Seek advice from academic advisors, current IT students, and individuals working in the IT industry to gain more insight. Good luck with your decision!

di kana babalik 1st year but since BSBA and BSIT subjects are different meron kang babalikang subjcts na pang 1st year majors nang BSIT probably magiging irreg ka po nyan

Solution
Thank you po. Nahihirapan kasi akong mag decide since gusto ko talaga ang IT kaso ang tinitingnan ng parents ko ay kung babalik ako ulit ng 1st year.

Basically you can choose to shift to a different course until the 1st semester of 2nd year. Let's say nasa 2nd semester ka na ng 2nd year, medyo mahihirapan ka kasi may mga pre-requisite subjects yan bago ka mapunta sa major subjects. Possible na mas marami kang babalikang subjects and units na dapat i-take bago ka pakuhanin ng major subjects.

Thank you po. Nahihirapan kasi akong mag decide since gusto ko talaga ang IT kaso ang tinitingnan ng parents ko ay kung babalik ako ulit ng 1st year.
magiging irreg ka tas "baka" ma move ang graduation mo. merong kasing subjects na may prerequisites.
agree ako dito dear di ka basically babalik first year but magiging irreg ka at babalikan mo lang yung mga prerequisites nang BSIT na subjects from first year to 3rd year kaya magiging irreg ka and might extend you into another school year possible 2 years extend

Basically you can choose to shift to a different course until the 1st semester of 2nd year. Let's say nasa 2nd semester ka na ng 2nd year, medyo mahihirapan ka kasi may mga pre-requisite subjects yan bago ka mapunta sa major subjects. Possible na mas marami kang babalikang subjects and units na dapat i-take bago ka pakuhanin ng major subjects.
Waiting pa ako sa reply ng department na lilipatan ko. Layo ko kasi sa school 🥹

agree ako dito dear di ka basically babalik first year but magiging irreg ka at babalikan mo lang yung mga prerequisites nang BSIT na subjects from first year to 3rd year kaya magiging irreg ka and might extend you into another school year possible 2 years extend
Ayuwn mas malinaw na para sa akin 😭💓

Natake ko naman na po yung mga GEC subjects. Tho kakaalis ko pa lang from being irregular (tranferee po ako sa current University kung saan ako nag aaral)
ah transferee kapala galing but since mag sishift ka nang course may subjects kang babalikan kaya magiging back to irreg kapadin nyan

Ayuwn mas malinaw na para sa akin 😭💓
if willing ka to take another 2 to 3yrs of extension para macover up lahat nang subjects ni I.T then you may proceed shifting

pero i Go mo na yan. kung anong course talagang ang gusto mo, dun ka dapat.
don ksa sa kung san ka sasaya hahaha

Do you mean, mag-shift ka into a different course and a different school?

If different school, lalong mas mahirap. Kasi there are subjects na meron sa ibang school na wala sa iba. For sure ipapa-take din sa'yo yon.

Do you mean, mag-shift ka into a different course and a different school?

If different school, lalong mas mahirap. Kasi there are subjects na meron sa ibang school na wala sa iba. For sure ipapa-take din sa'yo yon.
I mean malayo lang po ako sa school para mag ask in person sa department na lilipatan ko 😅

I mean malayo lang po ako sa school para mag ask in person sa department na lilipatan ko 😅
Oohh. I see. To be clear, nag-transfer ka from a different school pero ang sabi mo ay kaka-regular mo lang sa bagong school.. then gusto mong mag-shift but still the same school, tama?

If that is the case, much better. May mga subjects and units lang na ipapa-take sa'yo bago. And I agree with both Kenshi and Carl... mag-e-extend ka ulit ng SY.

Status
Not open for further replies.