What's new

Help Someone hired me on FacebookPromise to pay me $600

SEPOY-PHC

Eternal Poster
Established
Is this legitimate
Chatted me ask me to post on market place house rentals on my Facebook market place
Posted the rentals uploaded the photos and details.
She promised to pay me on monday?

Read about this scam on google
Question am i being part of scam?

It's always important to approach online job opportunities with caution, especially when dealing with unfamiliar individuals or companies. While I cannot definitively determine if this specific situation is a scam, there are a few warning signs you should be aware of.

Firstly, the promise of a high payment, in this case $600, for what seems like a relatively simple task might raise some suspicions. Scammers often use enticing offers to lure people into their schemes. Additionally, if you have found similar stories or warnings about this type of scam on Google, it's wise to take those concerns seriously.

To gain more clarity, you can consider doing the following:

1. Research the person who hired you: Look for any information you can find about their legitimacy. Check their social media profiles, reviews, or any other online presence they may have. Be wary of fake or suspicious-looking accounts.

2. Verify the rental properties: Check if the rental properties you posted on Facebook Marketplace actually exist. You can search for the addresses or images to see if they are associated with legitimate rental listings elsewhere on the internet. This can help determine if the person you are working for owns these properties or if they are using stolen information.

3. Communicate with caution: If you have any doubts or concerns, communicate with the person who hired you to clarify your payment terms and any other important details. Ask for a written agreement or contract outlining the terms of your work, including the payment amount and the specific rental properties you are supposed to post.

4. Watch out for red flags: Be cautious if the person asks for personal information, such as your bank account or social security number. Scammers often use such information for identity theft or fraudulent activities.

Ultimately, trust your instincts and be vigilant. If anything feels off or suspicious, it is better to decline the job offer and protect yourself from potential scams.

I already deleted the post. A person inquire about the rental and saw my post on zillow same details but my post had lower offer.

It's always important to approach online job opportunities with caution, especially when dealing with unfamiliar individuals or companies. While I cannot definitively determine if this specific situation is a scam, there are a few warning signs you should be aware of.

Firstly, the promise of a high payment, in this case $600, for what seems like a relatively simple task might raise some suspicions. Scammers often use enticing offers to lure people into their schemes. Additionally, if you have found similar stories or warnings about this type of scam on Google, it's wise to take those concerns seriously.

To gain more clarity, you can consider doing the following:

1. Research the person who hired you: Look for any information you can find about their legitimacy. Check their social media profiles, reviews, or any other online presence they may have. Be wary of fake or suspicious-looking accounts.

2. Verify the rental properties: Check if the rental properties you posted on Facebook Marketplace actually exist. You can search for the addresses or images to see if they are associated with legitimate rental listings elsewhere on the internet. This can help determine if the person you are working for owns these properties or if they are using stolen information.

3. Communicate with caution: If you have any doubts or concerns, communicate with the person who hired you to clarify your payment terms and any other important details. Ask for a written agreement or contract outlining the terms of your work, including the payment amount and the specific rental properties you are supposed to post.

4. Watch out for red flags: Be cautious if the person asks for personal information, such as your bank account or social security number. Scammers often use such information for identity theft or fraudulent activities.

Ultimately, trust your instincts and be vigilant. If anything feels off or suspicious, it is better to decline the job offer and protect yourself from potential scams.
I already deleted the post. A person inquire about the rental and saw my post on zillow same details but my post had lower offer.

Last edited: