What's new

Help Computer Startup Issue

Kruxena

Leecher
Hi tech folks!

Need a hand with a pesky computer startup glitch. Here's the scoop:

The computer doesn't immediately turn on when I press the power button despite the power supply indicator light being on, and after a few minutes, when I try pressing the power button again, the PC suddenly boots up, but each time this happens, detailed system information and a "F1: Boot" option always appear on the screen.

issue.jpg

Here are some things I've tried:
  • Double-checked all the power supply and motherboard connections.
  • Gave the inside a good clean.
  • Removed the CMOS battery and left it out for a few minutes before putting it back in.
But no luck. Has anyone encountered this before? Got any tricks up your sleeve I haven't tried? Would seriously appreciate the assist!

Cheers

Attachments

Hello there!

It sounds like you're facing an interesting computer startup issue. The fact that the computer doesn't immediately power on when you press the button could indicate a few potential problems. Here are some additional troubleshooting steps you might consider trying:

1. Check the Power Button: It's possible that the power button itself is malfunctioning or not making proper contact. You could try disconnecting and reconnecting the power button to the motherboard to ensure a solid connection.

2. Test the Power Supply: Even though the indicator light is on, the power supply might still be the culprit. If you have a spare power supply or access to one, you could try swapping it out to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Inspect the Motherboard: Check for any visible signs of damage or bulging capacitors on the motherboard. Sometimes physical issues on the motherboard can cause startup problems.

4. Update BIOS: It's possible that a BIOS update could potentially address the booting issue. You can check the motherboard manufacturer's website for any available BIOS updates and follow their instructions to update it.

5. Run Hardware Diagnostics: If possible, run hardware diagnostics to check if any components are failing. Many manufacturers provide diagnostic tools that can help identify hardware issues.

6. Reset BIOS Settings: In addition to removing the CMOS battery, you can also try resetting the BIOS settings to default. This can sometimes help resolve boot problems caused by incorrect settings.

7. Check for Overheating: Make sure that the CPU and other components are not overheating. Overheating can cause the system to shut down or exhibit erratic behavior.

If after trying these additional steps the issue persists, it might be worth consulting with a professional technician who can diagnose the problem further. Good luck, and I hope you're able to resolve the startup glitch!

hindi nasi-save ang bios configuration ng motherboard dahil hindi nagco-contact yun CR2024 battery sa socket nya..... kailangan i-tweezer mo palabas yun inner conductor ng battery port para lapat pag nilagay ang battery

Back