What's new

Help Fiberhome hg6245d ports' isolation

fayfay65

Leecher
hello everyone,
i need urgent help with a newly acquired Fiberhome hg6245d modem.
i have several computers connected with WiFi, and a printer connected with RJ45 cable to the same modem, all settings are okay but i can't connect to the printer from any computer;
when i ping any computer's IP adress from any other compuer it pings successfully, but when i ping the printer's IP adress it is UNREACHABLE, and also if i connect a computer with an RJ45 cable and try to ping the printer's IP adress, it doesn't work too (unreachable). BUT if i plug both the printer and the computer in the same router's port using a switch then it works and pings sucessfully.
i have been trying to figure out how to make it work without having to plug everything in the same rj45 port using the switch because all of the computers i have are using wifi which the printer doesn't have and it would be a stupid solution to get new rj45 cables and plug everything in the same port.
any help would be really very appreciated.
thanks.

Have you tried the "Smart" setup of the printer
the problem is not with how the printer is installed, the issue is that ANY DEVICE connected through wifi can't reach or connect to ANY DEVICE connected through LAN (cable), folder sharing doesn't work too, if i try to access a shared folder from a computer conncted with wifi to a computer connected with LAN it doesn't work. it's a problem with the router, some isolation or security rule in there

the problem is not with how the printer is installed, the issue is that ANY DEVICE connected through wifi can't reach or connect to ANY DEVICE connected through LAN (cable), folder sharing doesn't work too, if i try to access a shared folder from a computer conncted with wifi to a computer connected with LAN it doesn't work. it's a problem with the router, some isolation or security rule in there
Maybe try searching for a manual for the Fiberhome hg6245d
Or search config videos on YT