What's new

Help Guitar lessons/tips

Rampelistikan

Eternal Poster
Established
Can I ask help
I have started praticing and playing guitar just this past year atleast one year
I can play bar chord and know alot of type of chord
but i have been stuck i want to start learning improvisition.
What are the basic foundation that i need to learn and master?
Thank you po
—CTTRO

Solution
Eto mga ginawa ko dati:

• Alamin mo mga broken chords
  • Practice pentatonic scales etc.
  • Practice Octave chords
  • Different variations of the key
  • Matutong mag sepra. Wag kang aasa sa mga cover sa yt.
  • Practice na walang tinginan sa chords while playing

And marami pang iba haha basta ayan ang mga ginawa ko nung nag-aaral palang ako mag gitara.
Hi CTTRO,

Congratulations on your progress so far! Improvisation is a great skill to have as a guitarist, and there are certainly some foundational skills that can help you get started.

1. Scales: Knowing your scales is essential for improvisation. The most commonly used scales in rock and blues are the pentatonic and blues scales. Start with these and make sure you're comfortable playing them all over the fretboard.

2. Chord progressions: Understanding how chords work together in a progression is crucial for improvising. Practice playing chord progressions and try to identify the key they're in. This will help you choose the right scale to use for your soloing.

3. Ear training: Developing your ear is important for improvisation. Practice playing along with songs and trying to play the melody or solo by ear. You can also work on transcribing solos by your favorite guitarists.

4. Technique: Good technique will allow you to play more fluidly and with more control. Make sure you're practicing proper hand and finger placement, and focus on developing accuracy and speed.

5. Phrasing: Finally, think about the way you're playing your notes. Work on developing your phrasing and try to make your solos sound more musical. Experiment with using different rhythms, dynamics, and note choices to make your playing more interesting.

I hope this helps! Good luck with your improvisation practice.

Eto mga ginawa ko dati:

• Alamin mo mga broken chords
  • Practice pentatonic scales etc.
  • Practice Octave chords
  • Different variations of the key
  • Matutong mag sepra. Wag kang aasa sa mga cover sa yt.
  • Practice na walang tinginan sa chords while playing

And marami pang iba haha basta ayan ang mga ginawa ko nung nag-aaral palang ako mag gitara.

Solution
aralin mo ang basic ng music theory...YøùTùbé is your best friend....malalaman mo how music works...then aralin mo mga scales na applicable sa playing style mo...tyaga talaga sa pag tugtog....invest time on studying music theory kahit sa pinaka basic lang...the resr will follow